Double Chocolate Hot Chocolate
We double dare you to try this decadent, homemade hot chocolate recipe from the hot cocoa wizards over at Delish.com. Kick up the action on these cold February nights with this warm treat, and see why indulging yourself is totally worth it.
- 5 ounce(s) bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 ounce(s) milk chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) boiling water
- 3/4 cup(s) whole milk
- 1/4 cup(s) heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon(s) Jack Daniel's whiskey, optional
- Marshmallows, for serving
- In a medium bowl, combine the bittersweet chocolate with the milk chocolate. Add the boiling water and let stand for 1 minute. Whisk the chocolate mixture until it is smooth.
- In a small saucepan, bring the milk and heavy cream just to a simmer. Add the chocolate mixture and whisk over moderate heat until hot. Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the whiskey. Pour the hot chocolate into demitasse cups or small mugs, garnish with marshmallows, and serve.