Summer is in full swing, and the outdoor barbeques and late evening party invitations are making their rounds. If you've been asked to join in on a potluck, or are considering hosting one of your own, you'll want to have a bank of easy to make, light and satisfying recipes to prepare and share.
One of the best things about Summer cooking is: IT'S SIMPLE. When the heat is on outside, you can cut back on firing up your stove, and instead choose to make light salads, dips and small plates. Keeping ingredients fresh and minimal (when it's hot, less is more, right?) will help you to save time and money on your preparation, while still filling up your belly and winning over taste buds.
If you need inspiration, or are wondering what recipes pack a powerful seasonal punch, you've come to the right place! Check out these 8 Amazing Summer Party Recipes, and be sure to prepare one (or more) for your next Summer fiesta. Enoy!
- Bruschetta. When you really need to fill a belly, bruschetta will do the trick. We recommend hitting up your local farmer's market or supermarket for locally grown tomatoes and basil, just to keep this recipe as fresh as possible.
- Maple-Mustard Grilled Corn with Bacon. Nothing says Summer like grilled corn. This recipe packs serious flavor, with just a few simple ingredients.
- Beef Pops with Pineapple and Parsley Sauce. You CANNOT go wrong here. On every level. Fire up the grill, and then prepare your mouth to melt.
- Sweet 'n' Creamy Coleslaw. This simple recipe is a perfect complement to savory barbeque. An excellent sidedish at your next grill-out.
- Mayo-Free Potato Salad. Literally combine these light and healthy ingredients (yogurt instead of mayo) and voila! Your salad is complete.
- Watermelon Salad with Feta and Mint. For those particularly steamy August evenings, this refreshing salad will feed you while cooling you down.
- Quinoa Summer Salad. If you've never cooked with quinoa, now is perfect time. This wholesome grain packs in hearty protein to keep you full, without weighing you down.
- Three Bean Salad with Vinaigrette. The mustard vinaigrette on this three bean salad is TO DIE FOR, and it literally takes minutes to prepare.
Photo | Oprah.com