Now that summer is in full effect and the heat is on outside, we think it's time to cool down our cooking style and give our stove a seasonal vacation. We enjoy mixing it up in the kitchen with each new season, and light summer eating is a refreshing break from the hearty meals of last winter.
If you're worried that a salad simply won't satisfy your hunger, or you're feeling uncertain about how to create tasty combinations to delight all the members of your family, you're in luck. Eating salad actually can be satisfying and chock full of flavor. Some of our favorite summer salad recipes will have you firing up the grill, while others will feature some of your favorite seasonally ripe fruits for added zing.
All eight of our easy summer salad recipes would be perfect dishes to bring to your next BBQ or potluck, to work for a healthy lunch or make a nourishing dinner after a hearty workout. Inspire your senses and feed your summer appetite with these nourishing, tasty and easy to make summer salad recipes.
- Nectarine and Prosciutto Salad. Sweet and savory merge on your plate in this satisfying, yet light salad recipe.
- BBQ Chicken Salad. We simply cannot get enough of this gorgeous, filling salad that will successfully feed even the hungriest members of your family.
- Southern Cobb Salad with Roasted Sweet Onion Dressing. This zesty salad will win over every one of your senses with its stunning array of colors and bold, delicious flavors.
- Kale and Blueberry Slaw with Buttermilk Dressing. Creamy, rich and chock full of antioxidants, this salad is a perfect dish to bring to your next potluck or outdoor BBQ.
- Green Bean, Grape and Pasta Salad. This non-traditional twist on your favorite pasta salad will surprise and delight your taste buds again and again.
- Chicken Strawberry Salad. Light, healthy and still sure to satisfy your hunger, this recipe is an everyday go-to for those of us on the go.
- Caesar Salad with Shiitake Mushrooms. Shake up your favorite Caesar Salad recipe with this delightful recipe featuring savory shiitake mushrooms.
- Shrimp and Avocado Salad Recipe. This final, seriously delightful salad recipe is simply to-die-for, and would make an excellent light lunch on a warm afternoon.
Photo | Two Peas and Their Pod