The season of cooler temperatures, colorful sunsets and gorgeous fall foliage is upon us. We love Autumn in southeastern Virginia for more reasons than we can count, and we're especially excited to spend quality time outdoors at one of many local and seasonal festivals and events.
Whether you like to pick apples or pumpkins, tag along on a hayride or drink wine along the Elizabeth River in the late October sun, Hampton Roads has Fall Festivals abounding to suit your social style. If you're new to town, head out solo and meet like-minded new friends, or grab a neighbor and hit the town. There's no better way to get to know your community, your city and your region than by celebrating one of its most beautiful seasons outside.
If you're wondering where to go and when, not to worry-we've done the work for you. We've compiled a list of 6 Fall Festivals in Hampton Roads that are not to be missed, so save the dates, mark your calendars, and GO EXPLORE!
- Five Alarm and Festival Chili Cook Off. Nothing says Fall and football season like chili. Head out Saturday, October 4th to Carousel Park in Hampton for this all day event featuring a chili cook off, various food and beverage vendors, fire safety demonstrations and events to suit the whole family.
- Harvest Faire. This weekend long event is in its 20th year in Newport News, and promises to be as exciting as ever. Beginning Friday, October 10th-Sunday, October 12th, head out to Endview Plantation in Newport News for a medieval fest equipped with archery, pumpkin toss, knights on horseback and more.
- Phoebus Fall Festival. Saturday, October 11th head to Phoebus in Hampton for a fall festival filled with live music, local food vendors, merchants and a whole host of seasonal, outdoor activities.
- Yorktown Market Days and Fall Festival. Saturday, October 11th, head to Riverwalk Landing in Yorktown for a bountiful fall farm market, including fresh meat and seafood, baked goods and fresh flowers, art and entertainment, hayrides, a pumpkin patch and more!
- AT&T Town Point Virginia Wine Festival. Saturday and Sunday, October 18th and 19th, Town Point Park in Norfolk will showcase more than 30 Virginia wineries along the gleaming Elizabeth River waterfront. Gourmet food, wine tastings galore and live music all weekend.
- City Center Oyster Roast. Head to the fountain plaza at City Center in Newport News on Friday, October 24th for a seafood, oyster and beer tasting. Enjoy crafts, a scavenger hunt, live music and incredible shopping. Admission and parking are free (BONUS).