Quick and Simple Holiday Recipes
The holidays are upon us, ushering in a bevy of festivities and social gatherings, dinner parties and opportunities to break bread with those we hold near and dear.
Whether you celebrate the holiday with family, friends, coworkers or quietly at home with a pet or a good movie, there's no denying that warm, nourishing holiday recipes are one of the reasons we love this season. After all, these brisk November temperatures are a perfect invitation to jump back into your kitchen, and prepare fresh, new recipes for your loved ones and yourself.
We've selected 10 quick and simple holiday recipes to inspire and delight your senses and your tummy, all season long. Any of these recipes will work well for a potluck party, or as main or side dishes at home for you and your family.
Savor the season! And indulge in one or all of these tasty and hearty holiday recipes...
- Eggnog Monte Cristos. This recipe merges one of our favorite holiday flavors (egg nog) with an all time favorite sammy. Slam dunk.
- Chestnut Potato Puree. Rich, hearty and comfort food at its best, this clever twist on classic mashed potatoes is TO DIE FOR.
- Super Quick Chili. Nothing says cold weather comfort food like chili, and this recipe is both easy AND delicious.
- Fennel and Potato Gratin. This cheesy and rich version of potato gratin will wow your friends and family and your taste buds.
- Spinach Apple Salad with Maple Cider Vinaigrette. Lighten up a rich or heavy meal with this seasonally appropriate salad.
- French Onion Green Bean Casserole. Cheesy and classic, with a french onion twist (including gruyere cheese), this casserole is a great side dish to complement a holiday meal.
- Cranberry Feta Pinwheels. Perfect party food, these seasonally sweet and savory pinwheels are light and satisfying.
- Maple Roasted Sweet Potatoes. This super simple recipe boasts complex flavors, and will warm up even the coldest of winter evenings!
- Mini Brie and Apple Quiches. These lovely, delightful bites are perfect appetizer food, and are easy and fast to make.
- Brown Sugar Glazed Beets. Not only are beets packed with healthy nutrients and rich in both flavor and color, but with this recipe, they're easily made in no time.
Enjoy the start of this lovely and new holiday season!