The month of March is finally knocking on our door, signaling the end of the long winter (oh, hedgehog!) and promising the potential for warm weather once again. While you may be chomping at the bit to cast off your scarves and sweaters, a few weeks of winter do still remain. Rather than get dragged down by these last weeks of cold, we recommend you use this time to get out and get your culture on!
We know you're ready to get moving, so why not move in the direction of one of our local concert halls, and catch stellar performances by incredible performance artists? We understand your need for inspiration and guidance, so we've compiled a list of 8 shows we're certain you MUST make a point to see.
After all, you have months and months of warm sunshine and blue skies ahead of you. Embrace the present and experience your region's finest concert halls and theaters, and make this March a month to remember.
Check out these 8 Must-See shows this March!
- The Sing Off Live. Check out NBC's number 1 rated acapella music competition live at Norfolk's Chrysler Hall. Acapella music is best experienced live, and with a slew of the show's best performers singing show favorites, this performance is bound to be a show-stopper.
- Gladys Knight. There are few voices in the world quite like Gladys Knight's. If you haven't heard her perform before, we encourage you to do it, now. With 7 Grammys and almost 50 years of experience performing in a variety of musical genres, Gladys Knight is a force to be reckoned with.
- John Mellencamp. Don't miss your chance to catch Grammy award winning artist John Mellencamp at Chrysler Hall in Norfolk. One of America's homegrown musical inspirations, John Mellencamp plays a mean guitar and puts on a powerful show.
- Creedence Clearwater Revisited. Venture out to Ferguson Center in Newport News for this exciting reunion tour featuring the original members of CCR.
- An Evening with Sarah McLaughlin. Head back over to Ferguson Center in Newport News to see one of the most world reknowned musicians of the past 20 years perform in an intimate setting. Not to be missed.
- G Love and Special Sauce. Billed as a "hangover show," the day after St. Patrick's Day, this show goes down at the Norva in downtown Norfolk, and features the unique sounds of G Love, his harmonica and guitar and his dynamic band.
- Women of Ireland. Check out this "innovative, full stage concert production," showcasing some of Ireland's most outstanding new performers. Musical performances focus on highlighting traditional and contemporary, Irish musical sounds.
- Broadway's Wicked Divas in Concert. Experience the wildly inspiring and moving music from Wicked the Musical at this exciting performance at Ferguson Center for the Arts. Whether you've seen the musical or not, you're sure to be swept away by the powerful voices performing some of the most popular tunes on Broadway.