Warm, spring weekends bring your favorite activities back into action, and right on time. The weather is just right for walking the boardwalk, running the trails, lounging beside the pool or heading to your nearby Farmer's Market for some outdoor shopping in support of local farmers. May means that local Farmer's Markets are back in business, and many of them will stay open through the summer and into the fall.
When you live in Coastal Virginia, you're neighbors with some of the regions' finest farms and farm markets, and you've got easy access to fresh produce, baked goods, canned goods, local meats and more. From Hampton Roads to the Penninsula and up to Williamsburg, we're fortunate to be surrounded by an abundance of local farmers and artisans who take great pride in growing and cultivating fresh, organic and seasonal produce for you and your family to enjoy throughout the spring, summer and fall.
From fresh cucumbers, ripe peaches and corn on the cob to cut flowers, local honey, freshly baked breads and handmade candles, it's almost impossible to leave a local farmer's market without a slew of delightful goodies for your body and your home. Spend your next Saturday exploring your nearby Farmer's Market, and give back to your community while you give your body the gift of good health and good food. It's a win-win!
- St. Paul's Downtown Farm Market. Norfolk residents can get their fresh bounty each and every Saturday until November at this philanthropic Farm Market set up in the parking lot of St. Paul's Church in Downtown Norfolk. Fresh produce, live music, food trucks, pop-up artistry and more are all on display each weekend, and with easy parking, a friendly staff and the joy of giving back ot the community, you can't lose when you make your next visit.
- 5 Points Community Farm Market. While 5 Points is open year round, we felt we had to include it since it features some of the most delicious and inspiring products (as well as a seasonal CSA) around, and all with the added perk of supporting the local community. Open Thursday through Sunday, every week, visitors can enjoy fresh, local produce, crafts and prepared foods in their healthy, on-site cafe.
- City Center Farmer's Market. Every Thursday, from 10 am-2 pm, stop by the City Center at Oyster Point for a selection of locally grown fruits, vegetables, plants and herbs, as well as dairy products and meats, fresh breads, baked goods, bath products and dog treats. Stock up for the weekend on your lunch break, or sit outside and dig into your fresh goodies on your downtime. You'll be glad you did.
- Woods Orchards Farm Market. Family-owned and operated since 1943, this beautiful farm and farm market features fresh cukes, peppers, tomatoes, eggplant and squash, as well as pick your own peaches and strawberries. Bring the whole family or a group of friends and make it an event.
- Williamsburg Farmer's Market. Every Saturday beginning May 14, head to Merchants Square for fresh seasonal food and farm products that are sourced directly from 35 local vendors. Featuring fresh strawberries, asparagus, produce, plants, chocolate, cheese, meats, honey, baked goods, peanuts and handmade soaps, this farm market also includes live music and runs through December.