This Father's Day, make a point to show the dad in your life how much you care. After all, dads are pretty special people, and taking time to celebrate them is important. While you know that dad likes big hugs, a warm meal and a good laugh, when it comes to shopping for him, you may find yourself scratching your head and coming up empty-handed.
Picking out a Father's Day gift for the dad in your life doesn't have to be so tough. Rather than picking up the annual #1 DAD coffee mug, why not give him something that will elevate his life, much like he's probably done for you. No matter where your dad's interests lie, from technology and fitness to cool tools and good books, we've got gift ideas that'll warm his heart.
Break out of your Father's Day shopping rut with our 10 father's day gift ideas. Whether your dad is into sports, the outdoors, travel or introspection, our lists has something to suit his personal style. Cheers to dads everywhere, and may this be the best Father's Day yet!
- Phillips Norelco Vacuum Beard Trimmer. For the dad who likes to keep his beard trimmed to perfection, this vaccum beard trimmer from Phillips comes with 20 length settings for a precision trim. It retails for $49.95 at Amazon.
- FitBit One Activity and Sleep Tracker. If the dad in your life is into reaching his fitness goals, this latest version of the FitBit is a perfect gift. Tracking dad's sleep patterns to help him gain more quality rest, while also tracking his activity level to ensure he achieves his daily requirements will help the active dad in your life to stay healthy, rested and strong. Pick it up for $74.99 at Amazon
- Backyard Firepit. For the outdoorsy dad who likes to spend time in the backyard with steaks on the grill and family all around, this great looking firepit is the answer. Beautiful design and a great complement to just about any backyard patio, you can pick this up at Target for around $65.
- Book: On the Origins of Sports. If your dad is a sports fan, AND likes to kick back with a good book, he'll love digging into this illustrated, fascinating look into the origins of competitive sports. For those on a budget, you can't go wrong by picking this up at Amazon for $20.
- Sheffield 8-Tools-In-One. For the handyman dad, this multi-purpose, extraordinary pocketknife system comes with 8 tools in one, including a hammer, screwdriver, can opener, a saw and pliers. Get it at Amazon for $18.
- Wild Sports Cornhole Set. Dad's who like to cookout and stay active will love setting up this cornhole set in the backyard for family gatherings and summer nights. Pick it up at Target for about $65.
- Croquet Set. Another great gift idea for the active dad who likes the outdoors, this classic croquet set will make for many a fun afternoon spent outside with family, friends and neighbors. Get it at Target for $40.99.
- Portable Briefcase BBQ Grill. Prepare to blow your dad away with this stainless steel charcoal pit briefcase he can take on camping trips, or use in a smaller backyard. Pick it up at Amazon for $75l
- Clip Bluetooth Speaker. For the traveling dad who likes to listen to his tunes, this small, clip-on bluetooth speaker is the key. He can attach it to a bag, bike or practically anything with it's convenient carabiner clip. It's $41 at Amazon.
- 8 Piece Whiskey Set. For the classic dad who likes to relax with a glass of the good stuff served neat, this beautiful and affordable whiskey set is just right. For less than $40 at Amazon, you can possibly afford to pick up a bottle of whiskey to go with it.
Photo | By Kahzi (Own work) [CC BY-SA 4.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0)], via Wikimedia Commons